Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Keeping Children Safe


We all know that the internet has been a hunting grounds for sexual predators. It is getting worse and worse. I will not lie I love watching, "To Catch a Predator." That show is pretty funny, people walk in with a bag filled with condoms and alcohol and say they were just coming to visit the 13 year old that they asked to see a sexy picture of them a week earlier. The worst part about that show is that most of the predators have a job that is associated with children. But, I found on the internet a source that is taking a stand against predators using facebook. This source finds predators on facebook and deletes their profiles. http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2009/12/thousands-of-sex-offenders-booted-from-facebook-myspace/%E2%80%8F My only problem with this is that if I had been convicted of a sex crime and looking to do it again, I wouldn't use my real name. So hopefully they have come up with a better, more efficient way of keeping these people off the internet. I just hope that will all the other updates with technology this is something they look into controlling.

Picture from: http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/original/predator_hansen_nbc.jpg&imgrefurl=

No comments:

Post a Comment